CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Homework and The Reading Olympics

Well Aden has been very busy every Monday he has a 8-10 page homework packet come home. It's due every Friday, he finished it early this week and we returned it Wednesday morning. His school is also doing The Reading Olympics this month to encourage kids to read as a leisure activity. They earn minutes by reading to themselves, reading to others or listening to a story read by someone else. The kids work towards a Bronze (480minutes), Silver (840 minutes) or Gold (1200 minutes) cumulative minutes are for the whole month. We only did about 75 minutes the 1st week so we are playing catch up this week. Aden is really excited this morning he woke up before me and stated looking at books and trying to read the words. Oh that's something new also he is beginning to recognise some common words that they have been working with a lot at school and in books. I love reading and it's fun to see Aden leaning all the new words.

2 comments:

MandySue said...

Yay, I love reading. I would read with him if I was there! How many minutes does he have so far?

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I MISS THOSE KIDDIES!!! I would read to them too! :) Maybe I can call and Aden can try and read to me over the phone :) I could read to him but I think he would get bored without pictures in front of him. :( I miss them!!! Call me soon!